Julie Chen fans – welcome!
I was looking at my blog stats this morning and noticed that a large number of people were doing searches on Julie Chen of Flying Fish Press.
I finally figured out that last night, folks had watched Craft in America, a documentary on PBS on which Chen was featured. Since she’s super-fabulous, of course people are interested in finding out more about her work.
I was lucky enough to take a class with Chen in the summer of 2008. If you ever have the chance to take a workshop with her, you have to do it – it’s so worth it.
Here are the posts documenting my class with Chen:
- Julie Chen workshop: Day 1
- Julie Chen workshop: Day 2
- Julie Chen workshop: Day 3
- Julie Chen workshop: Day 4
- Julie Chen workshop: Day 5
- 10 cool things I learned about Julie Chen
These are other posts I’ve written that talk about Chen’s work:
- My Favorite Book Artists, Chapter 1: Julie Chen
- Book Arts Guild of Vermont visit to UVM Special Collections
- New books on my bookshelf – part 1
Another great resource for learning more about Julie Chen is the Book Artists and Poets Podcast. Steve Miller, professor and program coordinator of the MFA in the Book Arts Program at the University of Alabama, acts as host of a number of interviews with book artists and poets from all walks of life. Chen was interviewed in January 2006 and you can listen to her interview to hear about her work firsthand.
If after reading all of the posts you can’t tell that I think that Chen is a rock star, then I need to try harder. 🙂